Sport To Life Athlete Transition Programme
Independent and personalised service to athletes retiring from their sporting careers.
A collaboration between
To ensure sporting bodies have covered all bases in the welfare of their athletes, pre, during and post retirement from sport. Sporting bodies provide this service and the athlete can choose to access at any point in their retirement. This is an insurance policy for the sporting body; they can truly say “we have done everything we can for the athlete/player” and the athlete will feel looked after beyond sport.
It is a 1-on-1 service. Tailored specifically for every athlete.
The Sport To Life programme supports the athletes in 5 key areas of their lives post sport:
- Mental and Emotional
- Personal (including families and loved ones)
- Next career
- Physical (training and nutrition)
A package may include a combination of the following:
- General Psychology Counselling (incl reconciling sporting careers, transition counselling, resilience, self-awareness, addiction etc)
- Career Assessment
- Career Guidance
- Networking – including networking events
- Targeted Job Placement and CV
- Physical training (de-training or redirection to another sport)
- Financial education and planning
- Social Media
- Couples counselling